Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Practice Blog Post

My name is Maggie Adkisson. I consider myself to be from Alabama because I was born here in Mobile, but I have lived in seven other states around the country. Growing up in a military family that moved every 2 years taught me to be very adventurous. I do not talk a lot, but I love going to new places, trying new things, and being outside. On a normal weekend you can find me hiking, running, hunting, riding horses, or being out on the water.

Initially, I went to college in Nebraska at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I loved living in Nebraska. It is the one place where you can go from being out in the middle of no where to being in the city with 400,000 people in 20 minutes. In my Sophomore of college my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer. Despite how much I enjoyed living off by myself I was not willing to lose the remaining time I had left with my grandpa. I moved myself back to Mobile over winter break. Now I live with my grandparents on their farm and attend South. I could not be happier than where I am at right now, with them.

Entering the field of Education for me was an obvious choice. I love kids. My little brother and sister are my world. Through helping them with school I have figured out that Elementary education is the career I want to pursue. I can not imagine doing anything else. My goal is to not make a lot a money, but to love what I do everyday.

Below is a picture of my grandparents and I. We went on a two mile hike at Mammoth Cave.
my grandparents and I

No comments:

Post a Comment